Sunday 2 October 2016

What is Being-STEM about?

And so it begins...

Welcome to my blog about all things STEM. It is my love of Science and Technology that has driven me to become an online journalist for these subjects. I hope to find inspiring ways to pass on knowledge and give you the desire to find out more.

Why this blog?

When people know that there are thousands of jobs in Engineering waiting to be taken on and a severe shortage beckoning, it makes sense that I should do my bit to help the world not reach the engineer apocalypse. With this decline, fewer people are tending to go towards the sciences. What will we do if it reaches crisis point? Let's hope it doesn't.

So what's it all about?

Science: This covers the usual Chemistry, Biology and Physics. These lead us to understand more about the world around us and how it works. Without the sciences, we would be a lot less clearer on areas such as medicine, hygiene and our planet in the vastness of space.

Technology: So what do you want to know about this? This has to be the most commonly appreciated subject of the four. (There is a fifth that is often included, Art, this makes STEAM.) We can cover everything from robotics to gaming in this category. As an avid gamer for as long as I can remember, this is a topic that often comes up in my day-to-day life.

Engineering: The subject that gives us the skills to create buildings and vehicles. What's not to like with this? TOOLS! You've truly got to love them.

Maths: Numbers, numbers and more numbers. Oh, there are some letters too! This makes up all of them. Without Maths, we would have none of the above, but why? To name but a few, there is programming, schematics with geometry and what about simple measuring in Chemistry?

On with the show...

My blogs cover research and ideas from others that are involved with STEM subjects. Please look back and follow my blog. I look forward to any contact in the future.

This blog is from my own writing and opinion. It in no way wants to push other ideas away, listening to others is the foundation of my own learning and I thrive of this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment